To: <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <RockfordUnitedLabor@yahoogroup
Subject: [RUL] FW: [ibew] 20 Amazing Facts About Voting in the USA
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 04:29:50 +0000
20 Amazing Facts About Voting in the USA
1. 80% of all votes in America are counted by only two companies: Diebold
2. There is no federal agency with regulatory authority or oversight of the
U.S. voting machine industry.
3. The vice-president of Diebold and the president of ES&S are brothers.
4. The chairman and CEO of Diebold is a major Bush campaign organizer and
donor who wrote in 2003 that he was "committed to helping Ohio deliver its
electoral votes to the president next year."
5. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel used to be chairman of ES&S. He became
Senator based on votes counted by ES&S machines.
6. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, long-connected with the Bush family, was
recently caught lying about his ownership of ES&S by the Senate Ethics
7. Senator Chuck Hagel was on a short list of George W. Bush's
8. ES&S is the largest voting machine manufacturer in the U.S. and counts
almost 60% of all U.S. votes.
9. Diebold's new touch screen voting machines have no paper trail of any
votes. In other words, there is no way to verify that the data coming out of
the machine is the same as what was legitimately put in by voters.
10. Diebold also makes ATMs, checkout scanners, and ticket machines, all of
which log each transaction and can generate a paper trail.
11. Diebold is based in Ohio.
12. Diebold employed 5 convicted felons as consultants and developers to
help write the central compiler computer code that counted 50% of the votes
in 30 states.
13. Jeff Dean was Senior Vice-President of Global Election Systems when it
was bought by Diebold. Even though he had been convicted of 23 counts of
felony theft in the first degree, Jeff Dean was retained as a consultant by
Diebold and was largely responsible for programming the optical scanning
software now used in most of the United States.
14. Diebold consultant Jeff Dean was convicted of planting back doors in his
software and using a "high degree of sophistication" to evade detection over
a period of 2 years.
15. None of the international election observers were allowed in the polls
16. California banned the use of Diebold machines because the security was
so bad. Despite Diebold's claims that the audit logs could not be hacked, a
chimpanzee was able to do it! (See the movie here:
17. 30% of all U.S. votes are carried out on
unverifiable touch screen voting machines with no
18. All -- not some -- but all the voting machine errors detected and
reported in Florida went in favor of Bush orRepublican candidates.
19. The governor of the state of Florida, Jeb Bush, is the President's
20. Serious voting anomalies in Florida -- again always favoring Bush --have
been mathematically demonstrated and experts are recommending further