Addict (drugaddict) wrote,
Addict
drugaddict

the child died after mistaking the sweet-tasting heroin substitute for a soft drink.

Boy, 2, died after taking parents' methadone

Audrey Gillan
Monday March 6, 2006
The Guardian


A two-year-old boy was found dead in his bed after drinking his parents' methadone, it emerged yesterday. Derek Alexander Doran's body was discovered by his 25-year-old mother at their home in Elphinstone, East Lothian.

The Scottish newspaper the Sunday Mail reported that the child died after mistaking the sweet-tasting heroin substitute for a soft drink. It is unclear how he managed to open what should have been a childproof bottle top. Derek's mother, Lisa Dodds, and his father, Derek Doran, 22, are both methadone users and have been questioned by the police.

Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 2 comments