From Dr. Ken H. + Amy S. !
Thought you would "enjoy" these (and by enjoy, I of course mean be
horrified to the core of your being)
These are pretty special...
I can't find the words to describe how these make me feel.......
Tom Delay quotes:
1) "So many minority youths had volunteered.that there was literally no
room for patriotic folks like myself."
--Tom DeLay, explaining at the 1988 GOP convention why he and vice
presidential nominee Dan Quayle did not fight in the Vietnam War.
2) "Now tell me the truth boys, is this kind of fun?" -Tom Delay, to
three young hurricane evacuees from New Orleans at the
Astrodome in Houston, Sept. 9, 2005.
3) "I AM the federal government." -Tom DeLay, to the owner of Ruth's
Chris Steak House, after being told to put out his cigar because of
federal government regulations banning smoking in the building, May 14,
4)"I am not a federal employee. I am a constitutional officer. My job
is the Constitution of the United States, I am not a government
employee. I am in the Constitution." -Tom DeLay, in a CNN interview,
Dec. 19, 1995.
5) "Nothing is more important in the face of a war than cutting taxes."
-Tom DeLay, March 12, 2003.
6) "Guns have little or nothing to do with juvenile violence. The
causes of youth violence are working parents who put their kids into
daycare, the teaching of evolution in the schools, and working mothers
who take birth control pills." -Tom DeLay, on causes of the Columbine
High School massacre, 1999.
7) "A woman can take care of the family. It takes a man to provide
structure. To provide stability. Not that a woman can't provide
stability, I'm not saying that... It does take a father, though." -Tom
DeLay, in a radio interview, Feb. 10, 2004.
8) "I don't believe there is a separation of church and state. I think
the Constitution is very clear. The only separation is that there will
not be a government church." -Tom DeLay.
9) "Emotional appeals about working families trying to get by on $4.25
an hour [the minimum wage in 1996] are hard to resist. Fortunately, such
families do not exist." -Tom DeLay, during a debate in Congress on
increasing the minimum wage, April 23, 1996.
10) "We're no longer a superpower. We're a super-duper power." -Tom
DeLay, in a 2002 interview with Fox News, explaining why America must
topple Saddam Hussein.